Builders Insurance

The NSW Home Building Act requires that a licenced builder provide an insurance certificate to their clients prior to the commencement of residential building works when the labour and materials associated with the work exceeds $20,000 in value.

Read more here. Source: Sourceable

In South Australia, building work contractors must take out Building indemnity insurance when performing domestic building work costing $12,000 or more that requires council approval. Before work begins, a copy of the certificate of insurance must be given to the building’s owner or their agent and the local council. 

Read more here. Source:

Are you a builder and are unsure about your insurance responsibilities? Why not give us a call for some advice? Phone 1800 993 519 or click here to contact us.